Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Keurig Revisited

Okay, so I broke down and bought a Keurig. Months ago, I wrote a post about how substandard Keurig is due to the coffee in the K-Cups being pre-ground and what not. Now, I'm eating my words. I don't know how they do it, but my Keurig Elite makes the coffee taste like it's just been roasted and ground. I'm VERY impressed.

I liked most of the coffees that came with the K-Cup sampler. Caribou's were especially good. The Tully's blends weren't that great. I also bought the 'My K-Cup' accessory, so that I can freshly grind my own coffee to use. It doesn't work as well, though. It tastes diluted compared to the K-Cups.

For my first week of owning the Keurig, I used it exclusively. When I finally got around to using my press again, it was like I was drinking coffee and falling in love with it again for the first time. Nothing beats a press! Now that I've acclimated to the machine, though, I use it about half the time and my press the other half. I will always prefer to sit down and enjoy a French press of my choosing but I've got to admit that it's nice to be able to grab a decent cup of coffee to go when I don't have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment