Friday, February 11, 2011

Christmas in February

Okay, so to be honest, I'm simply writing this post because I haven't done a coffee blog in eight months. I haven't, unfortunately, had the pleasure of trying any new coffees or visiting any new cafes due to other priorities in life eating up my time. I still plan on continuing posting coffee reviews, cafe reviews, and rants on the coffee world when opportunities arise.

That being said, this entry does have a theme. I am drinking Starbucks' Christmas Blend right now. I know, it's been six weeks since Christmas. I fell for a buy one pound, get one free deal. What can I say? I'm a sucker. Nevertheless, I think February is still a good time for the Christmas Blend--or any coffee like it.

The Asia/Indonesia region offers the best coffees for the wintertime. It's 9 degrees outside right now where I'm living and there is nothing like waking up to the heavily layered, heartily full-bodied, subtly spiced notes of Starbucks' Christmas Blend. It's hot chocolate for the coffee lover. It sharpens the senses and warms up the soul to face the blistering cold outside. Perhaps I'm being overly poetic but try it yourself and see what you think. Pick up a Starbucks or Caribou Sumatra. If you're in the Cleveland area, Phoenix Coffee's Mediterranean blend is phenomenal. Basically, anything heavily-bodied, somewhat darkly roasted, and lightly spiced is the perfect coffee for winter. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment